Getting a job and working for the Economic Community Of West African States, ECOWAS is a dream come true for many. Working with them is really interesting and exciting.
Why work for ECOWAS
There are a lot of advantages when you work for an organization like ECOWAS, many advantages, but Naijaworth.com will highlight the key ones, that should wow you.
1. Attractive salary: Workers are paid well and on time, no delays. Many especially full staffs are paid in foreign currency like the US dollars.
2. Allowances: All due allowances are paid, including accommodation, transportation, Travel, cloathing allowances etc.
3. Travel: You get to travel around the world, yes if you love traveling ECOWAS gives you that, in fact, you get paid travel allowance for travel. So you can travel from Ghana to Nigeria or Nigeria to the US, depending on your department.
4. Diplomatic passport: ECOWAS is known and recognized by United Nations, so the law on international relations with other countries of the world is still binding. With a diplomatic passport you get to travel to any UN member countries with respect, sometimes even police escort is provided for you upon request.
The truth is there are lots of benefits in working for ECOWAS, but will just leave some of them out, and focus on why you are reading this article. How you can land your dream job.
For you to work at ECOWAS you must meet this basic requirement
– Be citizen of ECOWAS member countries; Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, and Burkina Faso, Cape Verde.
– Must be have a form of certification, like degree, Masters or PhD
– For those that are skilled in technical work like electricians, Bricklayers, Phone and computer repair techs, Carpenters etc. You must have a form of certification like trade test.
– Must know at least one language: either English, or French. Knowledge of the two languages is an added bonus.
– Jobs are usually given on a first apply first to be considered basis, so ensure you monitor ECOWAS job posting.
– In some cases you’ll have to pass the competitive Examination for Staff (elimination), which will be followed by a competency-based interview.
So those are the basic general requirements of this organization. Depending on their current needs they may require more or less, like Age, Country, skill set etc.
Getting the job
– First always check their official website for new and updated jobs.
– Then download this application form Form